Sunday, June 1, 2008

Anniversary!!!


Yesterday was our anniversary. I cannot believe that we have been married for five years. It seems like yesterday I was walking down the aisle with so much anticipation of a the wonderful life and home that Mark and I would create and I can tell you that we are exactly where I thought we would be at this point in our lives. We have a nice home, a beautiful daughter and all the love in the world for each other. We also have two very supportive and loving families. We wouldnt be the people we are today without them. They have each shown us what family and love is all about and for that we are so very grateful.

Mark..being the most wonderful husband ever...took me to see Sex in the City The Movie. It wasnt as good as I had built it up in my mind..but entertaining. Then we went to dinner in LaGrange on the square at a place called Basil Leaf. The owner also has Tulla's and Venucci's as well. I can tell you that it was one of the most amazing meals Mark and I have ever had. We both had the Surf and Turf. We each had steak and then a fish. Mark chose Salmon and I Tuna. EXCELLENT. They make their own salad dressings from secret recipes and I told Mark that I would drive down there just to eat a salad they were so good. They bottle and sell them and we forgot to pick some up before we left. I have to go back! It was a nice romantic atmosphere.. and just as good..if not better than going downtown. The traffic was so much less going south and we were able to get there in 30 min. My parents kept Hayley overnight and Mark and I were able to get much needed rest! We were able to wake up and enjoy breakfast together, the paper and coffee. Funny how the little things mean the most. It was a wonderful way to end our anniversary celebration. So here is to many more years together. I hope that the next five are as blessed as the first five.

3 comments:

stephrojas said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Anniversary. I can't believe you were able to get him to go and see Sex In The City! What a guy! So it wasn't as good as you had hoped? Obviously, if you read my blog, you know I loved it! I didn't have any expectations though. I actually think I prepared myself to be more dissapointed, so it was a pleasant suprise!
How do you two manage to find such unique places to dine out?!

Leigh said...

I meant to call you on Friday to wish you and Mark a Happy Anniversary! I am glad you had a wonderful and romantic evening. I remember your wedding like it was yesterday! Unfortunately, Bubba does not remember much of the reception.
I miss seeing you, but am so happy you can stay at home with Hayley. Aunt Leigh needs her Hayley fix!!!!

Leigh said...

I meant to call you on Friday to wish you Happy Anniversary. I can remember your wedding day like it was yesterday. Unfortunately, Bubba can't remember much of the reception! I miss seeing you everyday, but am so happy that you can stay home with my little girl. Aunt Leigh needs a "Hayley" fix!!!

MY PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

HAYLEY

HAYLEY
Loving Gramps!!!

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl
ITS FUN TO BE ONE!

About Me

I live in GA with my husband of almost nine years and our two slittle girl. I am a stay at home mom and have found this job to be the hardest thing that I have ever done! I think that I struggle everyday, hoping that I am doing everything right and that they will grow up with ethics, morals and respect for herself and other people. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love to read and often rely on it to escape and keep my sanity.