Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ms. Independent!



Yesterday was such a fun day with Hayley. She had many firsts!!! She rolled from her back to her stomach for the first time. This is quite an amazing feat. She tried for days to accomplish it and with a little bit of hard work and grunting..she made it past the one arm that kept getting in the way! We are so very proud of her. She also decided that she could hold her bottle on her own. She actually picked it up with two hands while it was sitting in front of her and she put it to her mouth and tried to suck. When she realized she wasnt getting anything she tried tilting her head back..but she just wasnt quite strong enough to lift the bottle up far enough to get anything out!! She is such a smart girl...and we like to think of her as advanced!! :)

I too had a big change....I cut off a lot of my hair (about 5 inches). I will post pics later. It feels fantastic and will be great for summer! It is also a bit more Hayley proof (meaning she cant really get much of it in her hands). When you are a mom...this becomes a really big deal! I now know why so many cut their hair after having a baby. When you finally have the chance to shower and wash your hair..the last thing you want is baby sit-up in it b/c you have to wait till the next day to get another shot at showering.

I have also picked up a part time job! I am working for my sister at Lizard Thicket! It is a great store with awesome clothes and has been a lot of fun. The girls are great that work there and are very patient with this"old" girl! My mom lectured me on the fact that I had to listen to my sister...I admit it will be weird at first but I respect her and her career and I think it will actually be a great thing for us to bond over. I will keep you all posted!!

Well today is going to be low key! Gonna let Hayley get plenty of rest as she has a big day tomorrow. She has her 4 mth check up and another round of shots!! Poor thing. It just breaks my heart to hear her cry in pain!

1 comment:

stephrojas said...

It's too late to call now, but I almost called you today to ask about your hair! I remembered you were getting it cut on the 9th. I bet it looks awesome! I am so sorry about the forever unpleasant appointment tomorrow! I will be thinking about you guys! Even w/ baby number 3 those rounds of shots never get any easier!
Hayley IS very advanced! What a smart little thing! Believe me, I have been around a lot of babies lately, and she is ahead of some that are older! How exciting...so much in one day!

MY PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

HAYLEY

HAYLEY
Loving Gramps!!!

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl
ITS FUN TO BE ONE!

About Me

I live in GA with my husband of almost nine years and our two slittle girl. I am a stay at home mom and have found this job to be the hardest thing that I have ever done! I think that I struggle everyday, hoping that I am doing everything right and that they will grow up with ethics, morals and respect for herself and other people. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love to read and often rely on it to escape and keep my sanity.