Thursday, June 12, 2008

A NEW CHAPTER...


Today was bittersweet.....it was officially my last day as a Delta Air Lines' employee. While I havent been working for some time now...it was still very strange to walk away from a company that has been my life for almost 12 years. It started with a fabulous party thrown by the department in honor of the 29 people that are leaving the department and Delta. Most of them are retiring and a few of us are just moving on to ournext career. As you all know..my career is now motherhood and I wouldnt trade it for the world. We had lunch catered by Shanes BBQ (Mark was in heaven. It was so nice that he could be there with Hayley and I) and then they presented us with plaques, certificates, and Carol (the german baker) made each of us our own butter pound cake. I guess she was worried we would go hungry with her!! Ha ha! It was a wonderful afternoon and a great way to spend our last time there! After that I turned in my coveted Delta ID and parking sticker. I was fine until I drove through the gates for the last time. It really didnt hit me until then. I must say that Delta has provided well for me. I am very thankful for the many fun trips I have taken, the wonderful lifelong friendships that I have and of course for my husband. It has truly been an experience and a blessing. I will be forever grateful.

1 comment:

stephrojas said...

That is very bittersweet! I love your hair! I can't see it that well in the picture, but good enough to tell it looks awesome! At least you will still get flight benefits from Mark, right?

MY PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

HAYLEY

HAYLEY
Loving Gramps!!!

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl
ITS FUN TO BE ONE!

About Me

I live in GA with my husband of almost nine years and our two slittle girl. I am a stay at home mom and have found this job to be the hardest thing that I have ever done! I think that I struggle everyday, hoping that I am doing everything right and that they will grow up with ethics, morals and respect for herself and other people. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love to read and often rely on it to escape and keep my sanity.