Friday, June 13, 2008

THE JOYS OF PARENTING


WE ARE TRYING OUT SOLIDS!! Hayley had her first taste of real food (well pureed)! She had peas! Mark and I both hate them and cant stand the smell, but I was confident that Hayley would hate them too so I gave them to her first knowing full well she would spit them out and we would never have to deal with them again. Well...to my surprise she loved them!! Even asked for more!! She is so funny! Mark said he didnt know how he was going to be able to stomach feeding her peas, but he pushed through last night while I was at work. He did a great job!

On another note...who would have thought this parenting thing would be so difficult. Hayley has preferred being swaddled in order to sleep. However, my pediatrician told me that it was necessary that I break her of this habit since she is starting to wiggle free and the blanket could be a possible SIDS risk. I agreed and we set the date to start. Well yesterday nap time at 4PM was our starting point. I decided to try and let her get her crying out of the way and that maybe by night time she would be better. She screamed for two hours non-stop! My heart was aching and I finally gave in and picked her up to calm her down after about 45 min. The Dr. told me not to go in her room, that she would eventually cry herself to sleep;however after 45 min I thought enough was enough!! I left for work and it was Mark's turn. He said that she did the same and cried so hard that she spit up on herself. He couldnt take anymore so he called the PA at home and she said to put her down and check her every 10 min. Just let her know that you are there. He decided to hold her till I came home. Last night was rough! She woke up every hour screaming and I had to go in and reassure her that everything was okay and that we were still there. I am beyond exhausted..and I know she is too! I feel like a horrible parent for putting her through that and I pray that I havent emotionally damaged her for life. I know we have to get her through this and that the sleepless nights and the crying is better than taking the risk of something terrible happining while she is sleeping. My heartstrings have been stretched, but we will keep perserveering until we accomoplish this!! To think...this is just he beginning.

3 comments:

steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephrojas said...

Bless your heart Tammy! You are a great mom! We have all been through what you are going through! I can only imagine how hard it must be to know that she is crying just because she no longer feels as secure! She will totally forget about it won't affect her for the rest of her life! You are so funny! I will be praying that this all goes by quickly for you guys!

stephrojas said...

Oh, and it was be who deleted the comment! Didn't mean to!

MY PLAYLIST


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

HAYLEY

HAYLEY
Loving Gramps!!!

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl
ITS FUN TO BE ONE!

About Me

I live in GA with my husband of almost nine years and our two slittle girl. I am a stay at home mom and have found this job to be the hardest thing that I have ever done! I think that I struggle everyday, hoping that I am doing everything right and that they will grow up with ethics, morals and respect for herself and other people. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love to read and often rely on it to escape and keep my sanity.